Exit

offline icon

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobGA

Question for pse 11 about offline

I have pse 11, in windows 10. I have a catalog with over 31,000 photos. A large portion of thumb nails have offline icons in the upper left corner. I have run reconnect numerous times and it comes back that they are all connected. The problem is the offline Icon is still on the photo thumb nail.

If I select 1 photo with the icon and click on the location in the information panel, I can find the location of the photo and it will remove the offline icon. Also if I high light photos in the same date I can go to their location and it will remove the offline icon.

Is there a faster way to do this because I have thousands of photos with the offline icon?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this problem reported before.  Since I've never used offline files, I can't be much help.  All I can suggest is perhaps to Repair and Optimize the catalog.  I assume that the files are located on an external hard drive.  Do you often disconnect it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg and BobGA,

'Offline' and 'disconnected/missing' files are two distinct issues.

The 'offline' indicator (a red circle with a vertical bar on top) never refers to external drives, only to removable media like CD, DVD, cards. You can get them with thumb sticks if you import from 'camera and card readers'. It's mostly a 'legacy' feature when CDs were the main storing media.

Missing or disconnected files have a question mark icon. They are supposed to be stored on internal or external drives, not removable drives. For some reason, they are no longer where they were when registered in the catalog.

With 'offline' files, reconnecting does not work.

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/troubleshooting-catalog-issues.html#handle_offline_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank Greg_S. and MichelBParis for their quick response. I hope one of them will work. As far as me using CD’s DVD or Cards I have not use them in years I keep all my files on an external drive for back up and on my internal hard drive. After fixing this problem I will be backing up the program to a new and larger computer and external hard drive. I hope I don’t run into more problems when I do that. Then after I do that, I plan to purchase pse 2020. I heard that it may be the last Pse program that does not charge by the month. I also have numerous duplicates and I hop pse 2020 can help with that.

Again, thank you both.

BobGA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad I found this thread because I have the offline on lots of my pictures and yes, I had them backed up on a CD, which I did in 2010. I had also backed them up on an external hard drive but it crashed, so I'm glad I had them also backed up on these CDs.  I've got a new computer and I want all of my pictures on this new one, so how can I get these pics that are marked offline reconnected/not marked as offline?  Do I need to copy all of my CD's onto an external hard drive and then reconnect them, or whatever you would call it when you get the offline removed?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines