Highlighted

Old Actions in Effects Panel of PSE 2019

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a iMac with the latest operating system and recently upgraded from PSE13 to PSE 2019. I have a bunch of older actions that I was able to access in the effects panel of PSE13 as well as having my newer actions installed in the Actions panel. I liked having both options but I can't figure out where to put that "Photo Effects" folder with all my older actions. Previously it was in the Photo Creations folder. Can anyone tell me where I should be putting the actions that I want loaded in the effects panel?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Old Actions in Effects Panel of PSE 2019

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a iMac with the latest operating system and recently upgraded from PSE13 to PSE 2019. I have a bunch of older actions that I was able to access in the effects panel of PSE13 as well as having my newer actions installed in the Actions panel. I liked having both options but I can't figure out where to put that "Photo Effects" folder with all my older actions. Previously it was in the Photo Creations folder. Can anyone tell me where I should be putting the actions that I want loaded in the effects panel?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pinner2008,

Sorry that you cannot get your PSE 13 actions added to the PSE 2019 effects panel. Are these custom user actions or they were a part of a preset package that you installed in PSE 13 earlier?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Akash,

These are custom user actions that I have downloaded previously over the years. I have tried loading some using the Actions panel but maybe they are just too old to work. At the end of the day I was a BIG fan of them being under the Effects panel because some of my less used actions were categorized by company name and had the nice little thumbnail which helped identify what they did. Further digging on the internet looks like this is a feature that is no longer available. Loading them using the Actions panel simplified the process so I doubt that many people would even want them under the Effects panel. Too bad that it's gone. In search for the answer I came across a lot of people who liked this feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do those actions include png and xml files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019 0