• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old albums in a new laptop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I find my Albums after louding photos and PSE to a new laptop?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about true Albums that you created in a catalog, you have to copy the catalog to the new laptop.  I'm assuming that you are either using Elements on an old laptop and wish to transfer the catalog to the new laptop, or else you are upgrading from a prior version.  It would be best for you to create a backup on your old computer and restore it to the new laptop.

If you simply copied the media files from one computer to the other and imported the photo files to a new catalog on the new machine, Albums will not be transferred because they are part of the database file.

So, if I have not answered your question, please give us more details about what you have done.  And tell us what version of Elements you are using and/or upgrading from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Yes, I simply copied the mediafiles. I have an old Elements 11 version, which I got from MyAdobe orders files.

I have now created a backup of my catalog. Where and whitch name shoud I restore it in my new machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And should I delete the mediafiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Yrjana51 said:

I have now created a backup of my catalog. Where and whitch name shoud I restore it in my new machine?

And should I delete the mediafiles?

If you have conducted a full backup of your catalog on your old machine, you should restore it to the new machine, perhaps with the same name and location as the catalog on your old machine.  If you copied the old media files to the new machine with the same folder structure (exactly) as your old machine, I believe you will be given the opportunity to overwrite the old files with the same name etc.  However, it may be a lot easier and allow for less confusion if you delete the media files from the new machine so that the backup from your old machine can be restored as if you had started the whole transfer process with restoring the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines