• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Version 6 V New 2020 Version, Canon CR2 Raw files

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, I am currently using a old version 6 of Elements, having aquired a new canon M6 Camera, Version 6 does not open Canon CR2 Raw files, getting a error message, however the file extension is shown in the drop down box of file extensions.

Do i need a plugin ?

I am considering the new version 2020 can anyone confirm this will open Canon Raw files CR2?

Please answer me as if i am a fool, not overly computer literate

Regards

Neil

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR2 files aren't a generic thing. Every camera is different, and if you  buy a new camera you usually need new software. Elements can take up to a year to catch up with new models. I hope someone can say if your Canon M6 Camera, Version 6 is supported yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil

Every Canon camera has different raw files even though the extension may be CR2 or CR3. Unfortunately PSE6 cannot be updated to accept files from the latest cameras including the EOS M6.

You could batch convert CR2 files to Adobe Raw (DNG) for use in PSE6.

Or try PSE 2020 free for 30 days. The interface is different but most of the tools will be familiar. You should be able to convert your PSE6 catalog after installation but your existing catalog will remain untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines