• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older Version Conversion - PSE 2020 from 2013

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Photoshop Elements 2020.  I have an older version Photoshop 2013 on my computer with a large catalog.  All the new images I have scanned are in a "new" catalog.  How do I combine the catalogs or get the people and places from the old catalog to show in the new catalog?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot combine catalogs.  Are your new scans in a smaller catalog that you started in 2020?  If so, I would suggest converting the old large catalog to 2020 and then importing your new scans into the converted catalog.  If you have tagged the new scans, make sure you write the metadata to the file by selecting the media and pressing Ctrl+W.  When you import these files into the converted catalog, any People, Places or Events tags will come in as Imported Keyword tags.  There are some tactics to use to get them back in the correct place.

So, let us know in more detail about how your catalogs are arranged, and we may be able to give you some further suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines