• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On Restore Points

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I messed up and lost hours of work.  I accidentally deleted a layer I thought I didn't need, saved and closed, and when I came back to open up again, I realized what I'd done.  I'm super annoyed.

I tried a restore point.  Now I'm even more annoyed.  The last one was May 27th even though I've worked on the file 3 or 4 times in the last week.  So that is useless.

So my question is, how do I get the computer to create more restore points for my psd files.  Is it a setting in the program?  Is it an actual windows setting?  This dummy doesn't know.  If you know, I would appreciate a little help, even it is the latter and nothing to do with Elements.

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The restore points are targeted to system changes. 

In Windows 10, type Restore Points in the search box on the taskbar and you will have access to a dialog to create a restore point.

windows 10 restore point create - Google Search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This isn't something I use myself, but I think you need to look at the File History feature in Windows, not the Restore Points which are part of the System Restore feature. Like @hatstead has already pointed out, System Restore is intended for restoring system files, not personal documents.

How to Use File History in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines