• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open in Editor

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Photoshop Elements.  I have imported my pictures into Photoshop Organizer, ranked them and put them in albums.  I now would like to edit a particular album in Photoshop Elements Editor.  I would like to open the selected album in PS Elements Editor in Raw.  How do I do this?  Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't understand what you mean by "editing an album in PS Elements editor in  Raw".

You can edit any file in an album with the editor, but only the organizer will manage albums, which are only sorted lists of chosen files.

Managing files in the Camera Raw (ACR) editing dialog:

- If your images are in raw format, they are automatically opened in the ACR dialog, whether from the organizer or from the editor. They must be opened in ACR to be converted from a raw format to an image format.

- If your images are jpegs, psd or tiff format, they don't need to be converted, but the ACR dialog is very handy to edit the image formats (menu File >> open in camera raw). You have no way to tell the organizer you want to open a jpeg in ACR instead of the normal pixel editor, which is a pity. However, if such a jpeg has been opened in camera raw once by the editor itself, it automatically opens in camera raw both from the editor or from the organizer.

So, if you want to edit a batch of non raw files (jpegs, psd, tiffs...) in ACR, first use the editor command 'open in camera raw' once. You can open a number of jpegs (I frequently open 50 at the same time, assign a small change, such as sharpness, to the whole batch at the same time, I click the button 'Done' and close the ACR dialog). As I prefer to edit all my files including jpegs in the ACR dialog, I use this batch process to tell the organizer that I want to manage my raw and non raw files the same way in the editor ACR editor module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines