• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Operation could not be completed in Save for Web

New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this has been asked before, having read through previous questions, but to be honest, I didn't fully understand the answers, not perhaps being fully computer literate.  So, if anyone can help, answers in words of one syllable would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Windows 10 and Photoshop Elements 2018. All are up to date with latest patches etc. I am trying to set up a website for my wife and want to download photos into it. Most of the photos she has have been taken on either a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8, with some with a Nikon compact digital. Just downloading them to her web, they are upside down, and there is no way to rotate them. I have been told that I need to get rid of the EXIF and Metadata. I have tried this with the Windows version that is in the OS,Metability Quick FileMind, Photo Exif Editor and File Mind Quick Fix Scrubber. All got rid of the data on the S7, S8 and Nikon photos, but, when I download them, the S7 and S8 photos are still upside down, but the Nikon are fine. So, I then thought I would try my version of Elements, but all I get from this is "Operation could not be completed", so I couldn't download anything. This error message appears for both the S7, S8 and Nikon photos.

Obviously, there looks like something different between the camera and the phone, as one lot using the OS remover are fine and the others are not. If anyone has any ideas, or answers it really would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grizwold225  wrote

. So, I then thought I would try my version of Elements, but all I get from this is "Operation could not be completed", so I couldn't download anything. This error message appears for both the S7, S8 and Nikon photos.

Let's take this one step at a time.

Can you open the picture files which you wish to rotate in Photoshop Elements Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been going cross-eyed over this but, I think, I have partially solved one part of the problem. Picture files can be opened and rotated in in Photoshop. In fact all the things I want to do, except save for web, appear to work.

Since my struggles and the post, I ran a comparison between the S7/S8 photos and Nikon. The only difference was the size. S7/S8 are 4032 x 3024 pixels, Nikon are 3072 x 2304pixels. The main photo I was having trouble with, (for the home page), is S7/S8 and I resized to the Nikon size, ran the Windows Exif on it and it downloaded to the web page perfectly, right way up. I did try this resize on another photo in Elements, but it again came up with the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the picture file in PSE Editor
  2. Go to Image menu>Rotate 180 degrees to straighten it
  3. Go to File>Save for web. Under "New Image Size" make the long side=800px, leave the field for the short side blank. Check "Constrain Proportions."
  4. Save as with a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the picture file in PSE Editor – OK

2. Go to Image menu > Rotate 180 degrees to straighten it – OK

3. Go to File . Save for web (?) Get the error message. Under New Image Size make the long side = 800 ps – OK, leave the field for the short side blank – Will not let me, enters 3. Constrain Proportions checked already, uncheck and try error message Invalid numeric entry.An inteher between 1 and 30000 is required. Previous value inserted.

4. Save as with a new name – with above settings of 800 & 3 only have a straight line, no picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is abnormal behavior. Suggest that you reset preferences to default. Go to Edit>preferences>general and look for this:

Preferences_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have reset the preferences and now have 2 additional problems

1. When I try to open a photo in Elements, I now get the following error message “Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG data

2. Could not save a copy as “C:\...\2019_212026 copy.jpeg because there is not enough memory (RAM)”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve now been into the registry, made all the necessary changes and everything is now working OK, and I have spent the afternoon getting rid of the EXIF and Metedata, re-sizing and downloading onto my wife’s website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines