• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orgainizer How can I delete my bloated library and start over

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I allowed all of my photos to be loaded into the organizer.  Now I have multiple copies of thousands of photos.  I want to delete the library and start over with only the photos I want to work on.  How can I do that?  I am using Adobe Elements 20 on a Mac using Catalina 10.15.4

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply create a new catalog from File>Manage Catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as cftam1 and I'm very interested in the solution.

But the trouble is that File>Manage Catalogs does not allow to suppress the big library that Organizer has created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arcy38, if you mean that you cannot Remove your current (open) dialog from the Catalog Manager, you are correct.  That is because the catalog is in use by the Organizer.  You would have to create a new catalog and open it in the Organizer before you can remove your current catalog from the Catalog Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said to me and it worked perfectly. Great !

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

👍 

I haven't done this in a long time.  Can you tell me what kind of warning message you received when removing the catalog?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines