• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

organiser compatability

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Elements 9 but have been bought Elements 2020 for use on a new laptop with Windows 10.  I have used the Organiser a lot with Elements 9 and wonder if and how I can transfer to the new copy on a new machine.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The normal way is to use your PSE9 organizer on your old computer to create a full backup on an external drive.

Then from your PSE2020 organizer you 'Restore' from the external drive backup folder.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

This will restore both the media files tree and the catalog. The restore process will recognize that the catalog format is old and prompt you to 'convert' it to the current catalog format. A new catalog format will be created.

Optional:

You may wish to also install PSE9 on your new computer as both versions are independent. You'll need your original CD/DVD or downloaded installer file as well as the license number. You are allowed two installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines