Organiser keeps crashing my PC

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded my Photoshop Elements to 2021 version on Windows 10 PC and now whenever I try to open the Organiser my whole computer freezes and the only way I can get out of it is to shut the whole computer down using the on/off button. I am unable to use Task Manager to close any windows. The whole machine becomes totally unresponsive. I have tried to rest the preferences and this worked once and then it crashed again. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still the same problem.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Organizer, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge the organizer isn't too demanding when it comes to hardware requirements, but even so... what are the specs of your PC?  Also: how much free space is left on drive C?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing the Shift key while opening the Organizer.  This will open the Manage Catalogs dialog.  Create a new blank catalog and see if you can open the Organizer with it.  If the Organizer opens, you can then try to repair and optimize your existing catalog to see if that will allow you to open it.  Once the Organizer opens, you might also want to turn off all Media Analysis in the Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog.  Then see if your existing catalog will open.

How large is your catalog and do you have many video files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe forums.

Could you please help with the below information?

1. System details. (If possile please share the screenshot)

2. Are you able to work with other catalogs? To check this, press and hold Shift key while you launch EO. Create a new catalog or try to open the existing catalog from catalog manager.

Thanks,

Yachika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines