• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 18.0.0.0 (AKA Elements 2020) does not support thumbnails for images scanned > 1200 dpi

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using two different scanners, using Adobe organizer File>get Photos> from Scanner or Windows 10 Scan software, color or grayscale, creating files in JPG or PNG or TIF, then import to new or my old catalog, Organizer FAILS 100% to generate a thumbnail for an image for All Media display if the image was scanned at 2400 dpi.  Files are in the catalog but appear with the torn sheet of paper image icon.  Files all appear OK when using Windows File Explorer.  Files can be opened with Photoshop Elements for view or edit, but never display a thumbnail when saved.  All scans work well with lower dpi (300 - 1200 dpi).  Failure is with larger, e.g. 2400 dpi, scans.  File size for JPG is 4.2MB.  Files size for PNG or TIF is much larger, but my normal mode of operation is always JPG.  I need high dpi when scanning old, small photographs that I want to edit/restore.   HELP   sample scanned pic grayscale 1200 and 2400 dpi attached

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably exceeded the default maximum size for images in the Organizer.  However, if you are willing to make changes to the Windows Registry, you can fix the problem.  See this article for full details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am waiting to hear back from Adobe before doing the hack.  I will give them a few more days to respond as they promised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, my problem is not resolved.

Last communications from Adobe was an email on 6/17/2020 that stated "Will share with our PSE Experts and they will contact you soon."

That was a week ago, but NO CONTACT.

COMMENT:I do not think it unreasonable to expect Organizer to effectively process, including Thumbnails, for all files that are within the capabilities of either PhotoShop or Premiere, especially with regards to size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The misunderstanding is that you are in a user to user forum, where you did get the full answer from Greg, another user like you. Nothing to add.

An email from Adobe? It's not usual to receive an email from Adobe support. Or did you get help by phone or by chat?

In that case, it happens that Adobe support tells that they'll contact you later.

However, the precise question has been asked more than ten years ago and the answer is known to many old users of this forum. I am not sure regular Adobe support staff for Elements are aware of that question, which is very rare for most Elements users (mainly scanning like you or doing panoramas).

COMMENT:I do not think it unreasonable to expect Organizer to effectively process, including Thumbnails, for all files that are within the capabilities of either PhotoShop or Premiere, especially with regards to size.

Absolutely. The right forum to post such a feature request is the feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Adobe PSE support staff won't have any influence to introduce that change, and marketing people who have the power will think that it's not unreasonable for you to subscribe to the Photographer's plan... Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.  .  . and you haven't stated whether your have applied the Registry hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines