• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 18.0 Freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon starting Organizer 18.0, either alone or through Elements 2020, it instantly freezes up both Element and Organizer requiring Task Manager to END TASK. Organizer does not work. Any suggestions or a way to delete this program? It's useless at this point...

THANKS!! Paul

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You...I will try and report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no good. Still freezes up using the Organizer repair method. I do not have issues with Element specifically (ocassionally...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In certain cases this can make things right again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Nothing has worked, even deleted program and reinstalled it. And my computer is running Windows 10 as the original O/S. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have tried all the solutions, suggested by Phinny, try creating a new empty catalog. 

• Open the Organizer from the Home Screen and immediately hold the Shift button.  This will launch the Catalog Manager.  Create a new catalog and select and open it.
  • Once the program opens with the new catalog see if it freezes.
  • Next, add a few media files to the catalog.  What happens?
  • If all is OK, go to Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis and uncheck all the boxes.
  • Close and reopen the Organizer and open your main catalog.

Let us know if the program still freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even problems starting Organizer 18.0 on macOS Mojave. It immediately crashes. None of the suggestions provided along (creating new catalog with catalog manager) helped. It always says "Elements Organizer quits unexpectedly" like described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/kb/unexpected-crash.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy, no change. I followed the direction  precicely...adding a new catalog etc.

Orgnizer freezes up itself and Elements immediatally, it seems as soon as I scroll through the items in the catalog file. 

One can olny do a reboot or go to Task Manager and stop ALL Adobe processes and start over.

To have any luck with video processing, one MUST avoid Organizer COMPLETELY. It WII lock up and you WILL loose your work.

I am desperately awating a solution

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TrackQ, you might find this (Organizer) Mac OS X specific troubleshooter helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines