• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2018 places

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have organizer 2018, it has gotten my manual places from my old version.  Unfortunately when I want to add places it wants me to use the map instead of just entering a name.  Unfortunately it puts everything under one of my old places.  Now every new location is under SE Trip.  Is there anyway to edit the places list.

Dale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PSE11 version did complety change the Places management to introduce special tag categories for Places, People and Events.

What were before 'normal' categories like those you can create yourself are now 'special' tags in their own tabbed view, with special properties to deal with geotagging or people recognition.

That means that when you convert a catalog from PSE10 or older version, that process automatically recognizes your old 'normal' media tags for Places and converts them to the new tags linked to the geomapping software.

If you prefer to keep the old way, it is probably not too late.

From the old PSE version, in your previous catalog, edit the name of the 'Places' category. Call it 'MyPlaces' for instance.

Now, you'll have to convert the catalog again from the new Elements version.

In the File >> Manage catalogs dialog, click on the convert button.

Tick the option on the bottom to show already converted catalogs.

Select the old catalog and convert.

This will create a new catalog with MyPlaces as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old version Photoshop Elements 15 does not have a catalog anymore since it was converted for Elements 2018.  I could live with the new version except it puts all the geotagged ones under one of my old ones.  I would like to be able to edit the catalog to move the new places such as Illinois to not be a sub category of SE Trip from my old places.

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dale+Dewing  wrote

My old version Photoshop Elements 15 does not have a catalog anymore since it was converted for Elements 2018.

No, it's never deleted when it's converted. The conversion means a new catalog is created with the same name in the new format, and the old catalog is renamed with a -1 suffix. It is still recognized by PSE15. I assume you did not uninstall PSE15?  If so, you can reinstall it. That old catalog can be converted again.

In PSE2018, when you use the menu Help >> System information, you find the locatation of the catalog folder. It's a hidden file by default, you may have to set your explorer to show hidden files and folders. All the catalogs from various versions are stored there.

If the catalog was stored elsewhere on 'custom location', you can find it from your explorer by searching for a "catalog.pse15db" file which will be in the catalog folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The next time I tried my PSE15 it found the catalog for some reason.  I wish I could take that map function ………………  I don't know why they didn't leave in the ability to manually edit the places.  I guess I will have to delete many of my places and add them in again.  What a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines