• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2020 drag'n drop of files to a website

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I want to drag a photo or video file from the Organizer onto an upload field like you'll find in the Youtube-Studio or my company's backend the mouse pointer changes it's appearance over the upload filed and gets small "+". But when I drop the file nothing happens. Could somebody help?screenshot_31_bearb_2.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once upon a time (about 40 years ago...) I started to get to grips with computers. We were taught to clearly distinguish between programs and data. Two programs (organizer and hosting site) and data: photo or video files. You can create those from the organizer and store them anywhere in your computer (even temporarily) and all hosting sites have a way to import those files. Today, most new users don't think like this. They think it's not their own business to do that and that both programs have to 'talk' together to do the transfer. That's what the customer wants, and suppliers do manage to make programs speak together to a wide extent. Nothing is perfect as you know, and beside compatibily issues, letting programs speak together instead of using their own tools for input and output is one of the biggest source of malwares.

Here we are in a situation where the organizer can export files or accept drag and drop to copy files somewhere on your drive.

Your host site wants you to drag and drop video/photo files from your drive to its input location.

Edit:

In other words, both programs use the 'metaphor' of drag and drop, but they don't mean the same thing. Thinking programs versus data is more down to earth, but the idea of a video or photo file on a folder will be more easily understood by different programs.

It appears that the drag and drop does not work in this case while exporting to a temporary folder does work.

My guess is that both programs don't understand each other. The organizer expects the destination of the 'drop' of selected  database links to be a physical folder, whereas the host site expects the 'drag' action to be from a physical drive to an input program connection represented as a virtual folder for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the replying. If I understood correctly the communication problem between the Organizer and the site may eventually be solveable by changing the programming of the site or by using a temporary folder? What is a temporary folder/ how can I create it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines