Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer 2020 Vues personnes après conversion catalogue PSE 10

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

J'ai acheté et installé sans problème PSE 2020. J'ai converti sans problème mon catalogue PSE 10 qui contenait des étiquettes de personnes.

Je retrouve ces étiquettes de personnes dans les piles de la vue Personnes de PSE 2020. Mais je n'ai que des symboles (pastilles avec figurine) et je n'arrive pas à affecter une photo à un profil de personne. Voir  exemple ci-dessous. Si quelqu'un peut m'aider en cette période de cofinement, je lui en serais reconnaissant.

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little difficult to explain, as the translation from English to French may require some more technical terms.   I haven't seen MichelBParis, who is one of our French experts on the forum for the past few days.  So you may have to wait until he returns to give you a better answer.  But I will do my best.  😀

There have been many changes to face recognition since version 10.  I believe that what happened is that when you converted your catalog to Elements 2020, the people that you keyword tagged with names (in version 10) were converted to the new system of People tags. 

The new People tags in your catalog do not yet have a named face associated with them.  That is why they have a generic icon in the People room.  The People room is divided into Named and UnNamed people.  Your screenshot shows the Named people section.  If you go to the UnNamed people section, you will see stacks of faces that have been recognized automatically by the program's face recognition process.  There, you are given the opportunity to associate the face with the name.  (Add Name).  So, while you already tagged your photos in version 10, you must go through the process again to make a connection between a face and a name tag.  Once you have added a name to a face in the UnNamed People section, their faces will show up in the Named People section.

In the following screenshot, you will see:

1. The Named People section with no named people included;
  2. The UnNamed People section with two stacks of faces that have been recognized by the program.  After naming one of the people by clicking on the Add Name box, the stack is removed; and
  3. The person is added to the Named People section with a thumbnail of the face showing.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.25_18h39m44s_000_.png

There is really no necessity to go through the naming process if you don't want to bother.  You can still find your photos with the people you have tagged by clicking on a box in the People section of the Media keyword panel:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.25_18h53m20s_004_.png

However, in that case, if you display a photo that was tagged in version 10 and the face has been recognized in Elements 2020, you will see an Add Name box if you hover over the person's face instead of the name that is shown in the above screenshot.

(I have passed this response through Google Translate and I was able to understand the French translation.  I hope you are able to understand it too.  If not, please ask any further questions you may have.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didier et Greg,

Je vais suivre ce sujet même si je n'utilise pas la reconnaissance faciale. La traduction automatique et les explications de Greg me paraissent claires, mais je suis prêt à proposer ma propre traduction. Continuons la discussion en français.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel and Greg,
No problem for continuing the conversation in English.
First I want to thank you a lot for so fast an answer. I will go through the process more carefully with Greg's insights. I confirm his analysis is correct. All the PSE 10 people tags are indeed showing in the named part of PSE 2020 people section. The missing step for me was to associate a picture with these tags to make them nicer to look at. I will follow Greg's screenshots for that and see how it goes.

Regarding the unnamed part of the people view, I have very fiew stacks : 
- Some of them should be connected to existing tags I had from PSE 10 but I had not tagges the pictures yet.

- The others are people I did not intend to tag. I will see how to discard them.

I'll try to test that today (conatinment gives some free time).

Kind regards to both of you.

PS/ I copy Greg separately as I do not see how to send the answer to both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didier said:

Regarding the unnamed part of the people view, I have very fiew stacks :
- Some of them should be connected to existing tags I had from PSE 10 but I had not tagges the pictures yet.

You may have few stacks because the face recognition has not yet been completed.  You should be able to see the status of face recognition in the lower right corner of the window.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.11.24_22h37m50s_003_.png

Also, make sure you have the Hide Small Stacks box unchecked:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.26_09h24m10s_001_.png

- The others are people I did not intend to tag. I will see how to discard them.

Select the stack and click the Don't Show Again button.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.26_09h26m42s_002_.png

PS/ I copy Greg separately as I do not see how to send the answer to both of you.

If you are responding by email, we will both get your response (and we will see it on the forum).  If you are reading this response via email, you will not see the screenshots I have posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines