• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer filling up hard drive.

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with Organizer. Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this.

I noticed that my hard drive had become almost full. On investigation I found that Organizer was taking up more than 90 Gb. It seems that, for some reason, Organizer was making auto collages.

I have deleted all the saved collages but it is now starting to fill up again.

What to do ?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things: 

1:Make sure what the arrow is pointing to is unchecked (this view is from the elements organizer preferences). EDIT> PREFERENCES

2. Buy a bigger hard drive. 2021-02-22_084953.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at Media-Analysis inPreferences and generate Auto Creations was indeed checked. I have unchecked it and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto creations don't use significant disk space.

So, you may have a much harder problem with your disk space.

It's a common issue with laptops with only a small SSD drive. Are you in that situation?  What is the size of your main drive?  Do you also have another conventional internal drive with a bigger capacity?

For Elements, you need the most space for the photo/video files. You also need space for your catalogs. That can be stored on an external drive. You also need space for your 'scratch disks' which are used to provide more memory.

Apart from Elements, you have a number of options (in Windows) to store your documents or the OneDrive or Dropbox dedicated folder on a different internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines