• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer Folder show folder that has been deleted.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several video files that show up in my Organizer that I have long since deleted along with the folder.  They do not appear in my Mac Finder list; however the thumbnails and folder still show up in Elements 18 organizer.  When I try to delete them from MyCatalog I get a message saying "Analysis is currently being run on this media. Come back Later"  I have tried to rebuild my thumbnails and my my catalog but they continue to show up in my organizer. 

TOPICS
Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up trying to send folders to my external driven using Organiser, so moved them easily from my Mac using Apple's Finder. Now I've got the orphaned folders still appearing in Organiser how can I get rid of these phantoms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please try the following:

1. Launch Elements Organizer.

2. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Media Analysis

3. Turn off AA preferences checkboxes(Photos and Videos) for Analysis Options:

Analyze media for Smart Tags, Auto Curation and Auto Creation

4. Relaunch Elements Organizer and then try to delete the files.

5. You can turn on the preferences again once you have deleted the files.

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Butcherbird51 

I gave up trying to send folders to my external driven using Organiser, so moved them easily from my Mac using Apple's Finder. Now I've got the orphaned folders still appearing in Organiser how can I get rid of these phantoms?

You should never delete, rename or move files from your Finder / Explorer. Obviously, your catalog still keeps the old location in the database and the files are shown as 'disconnected'. The Information panel on the right shows where the old location was. If you delete, rename or move files from the Organizer, it sends orders to your Finder / Explorer to do the job AND it updates the new location in the database.

Now that you have disconnected files, first start with the 'Reconnect files' command.

You get a dialog with a list of missing files. On top, there is a small icon (3 bars) opening a dropdown menu with options to:

- select all

- delete all.

The files are removed from the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines