Exit

Organizer Photoshop elements 2021 v 19 Automatic Back up ..."Lack of space ?"

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working with a new computer and on installing setting up Elements Photo 2021

I have moved pictures from an old computer but had to start from new.

I have done a back up manually but on leaving the Organizer I am promted to back up. However I get the erorror message "System has not enough space. Back up can not be performed". I do believe I have plenty of space, but where does the progra try to put the back up? Which setting is deciding? Where and why does it not find space?

Elements Organizer 19.0.0.0
Huvudversion: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)
Språkversion: 19.0 (20210126.m.155261)

Aktuell katalog:
Katalognamn: Bilder
Katalogplats: E:\Bilder\
Katalogstorlek: 200,2MB
Katalogens cache-storlek: 2,7GB

System:
Namn på operativsystem: Windows 10
Version av operativsystem: 10.0
Systemarkitektur: AMD CPU Familj:15 Modell:1 Stegning:0 med MMX, SSE-heltal, SSE FP, SSE2
Inbyggt minne: 31,9GB
Ledigt minne: 24GB

Programs on C: drive (364GB free). Media on E: drive (2.74TB free)

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description shows clearly that the kind of backup which is prompted when you exit the organizer is the quick 'backup structure' introduced in PSE2021.

Normally, that process starts with a 'repair' checking of the database followed by the copy of your catalog folder (minus the bulky thumbnail cache) on a default location on your C : drive, on ProgramData/Adobe/Elements Organiser/Catalogs/_Autobackup_

The size of this backup should be the size of your catalog folder minus the size of the cache: a very small size to be stored on C :
So, the message makes no sense in your case.

Maybe someone may have another explanation. In the meantime, I suggest to ignore the prompt and choose the option to 'skip this time'. If you want to have 'structure backups = catalog only backups', it's easy and fast to copy the catalog folder where you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,

Your "work around" works og course, but  when I start working on this new version, starting from scratch, I like things to be running correctly, hence I will approach Adobe support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines