• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organizer problems

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 2018.  I have used it for a couple years.  Recently, a change happened.    When I change from Elements to Organizer or when I start up in Organizer it stays on for about 5 seconds than either goes back to Elements or cuts out Photoshop completely.  I cannot work in Organizer.  I have tried shutting my computer down and starting all over again but the same thing happens.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting any error messages?  Does the Editor work OK?

Here's are some trouble-shooting steps you can try:

• Hold the Shift key while opening the Organizer.  This will bring up the Manage Catalogs dialog. 
  • Create a new catalog and open it.
  • If the Organizer remains open without problem, go to the Manage Catalogs dialog, using the File>Manage Catalogs menu.
  • Select your old catalog and try to open it.
  • If the problem still exists, try resetting the Organizer's preferences. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.
  • If you are still having problems, the catalog may need to be repaired and optimized.  So, again launch the Organizer using the Shift key.  In the Manage Catalogs dialog, select the old catalog and choose to Repair it.  When prompted, continue with the Repair, even if no errors are found.  When the Repair is completed.  Optimize the catalog.

Hopefully, one of these steps will fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Greg,

as I have got the same problems with the Organizer I followed your advise. Nothing worked at all. I cannot even open by pressing shift key. Do you have an Idea? Thanks in advance.

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Uli_R, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not yet. I will try asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I must admit that this is beyond my knowledge. Anyway I would like to thank you for spending time on my issue.

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines