• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ORGANIZER SOS HELP !!

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ya all, still cannot open the ORGANIZER.  Thought the adobe expert team would help, but have not hear from them with any way to fix the problem. What happened to their great customer service?  i remember way back to element 5, and you would get help right away over the phone.  That is sad for sure.  Here is a fix from adobe.com i found.:

open windows explorer

select the doc folder

check for the adobe folder.  if it exists, select and open it.  If it doesnt exist. then create a folder named adobe and open it

Right click the adobe folder ans select properties.  Select properties in the context of the adobe folder.

Select the security tab and click the edit button. lick edit under the security tab

Select the user name and click allow in the full control field.

WOW!!! i was so excited to find the way at last!!  NO, WHAT?  The "click to allow" did not light up to work... so BACK TO THE START AGAIN i guess.  SOS, to someone who remembers how helpful Adobe was and could be!  THANK YOU<  Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows 10? Which version of Elements is installed? Can you launch the Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the solutions provided here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/organizer-crashes-launch-does-not-start.html

Let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that link did not work. Thanks, Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 and just bought the elem 2020.  the editer works fine. I have tried all the ways presented with no luck.  I never had any trouble using the organizer before in other versions.  I need to get to work with this program, so hope someone can help.  Thank You, Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going into Task Manager and look for a process called Elements Auto Creations 2020.  If it is running, end the task.  If you are then able to open the Organizer, go immediately to Preferences (Ctrl+K) and in the Media Analysis tab, turn off all checkboxes.

Snap10_2019.10.18_08h59m08s_004_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greg, thx, i got excited, went to task manager, but alas no elem. autocreations running..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mary said:

greg, thx, i got excited, went to task manager, but alas no elem. autocreations running..

Don't give up yet.  The Auto Creations process may be nested under the Organizer entry.  If you see the Organizer running, click on the single chevron at the left of the entry to expand all of the processes.  In the following screenshot, the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 entry is collapsed, and the Organizer is expanded.

Snap10_2019.10.18_19h30m31s_006_.png

If it is not there, please expand all Elements entries in Task Manager and give us a screenshot.  Are you seeing a lot of CPU usage in Task Manager?

In an earlier post, you stated that the link provided by Nidhi did not work.  Did you mean that you could not access the webpage or that you tried all of the solutiions in the link and none of them worked?  Please confirm what you tried that failed. 

I don't think you have told us what prior version(s) of Elements you updated from.  Please identify them. 

Also, please tell us how big your last used catalog is - number of photos/videos.

Hang in there.  I'm sure we can get you up and running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines