Organizing 100,000+ photos

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had photos on "d" drive....have created a new catalog, added photos to catalog, managed catalog to external drive, backed up.catalog to another external drive, deleted photos from d drive...

Need help:  when i plugged the 1st external in and restore catalog it tells me that i need to reconnect all photos.  Is that true?  Also all the face recognition that i did didnt come with the catalog...is that true?  I did import my tags but the are not by category.  Is the right?  Also catalog didnt backup to the 2nd external hard

Should i just give up?  Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Organizing 100,000+ photos

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had photos on "d" drive....have created a new catalog, added photos to catalog, managed catalog to external drive, backed up.catalog to another external drive, deleted photos from d drive...

Need help:  when i plugged the 1st external in and restore catalog it tells me that i need to reconnect all photos.  Is that true?  Also all the face recognition that i did didnt come with the catalog...is that true?  I did import my tags but the are not by category.  Is the right?  Also catalog didnt backup to the 2nd external hard

Should i just give up?  Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
What application are you using. You have posted in the Photoshop forum but Photoshop does not have a catalogue. Is it Lightroom Classic or  CC or Photoshop Elements?
Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements. sorry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem - I've moved your post to the Photoshop Elements forum
Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2019 0
99jon LATEST
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would normally perform a backup on the D drive and then restore to the new location. See this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catalog-photoshop.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2019 0