• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page size grayed out in get photo from scanner

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Elements 2019 and HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer which can scan up to 11 x 17 inches.

When I click Get “Photos and Videos” then click “From Scanner”

The “Page size” is grayed out so I cannot change the size.

It seems to be set to Legal 8.5 x 14 inches.

Why is the Page size option not working?

How to I change the page size to A3 11 x 17?

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this your first use of Organizer with this scanner or a case where page setup has always worked in the past until now.  This Apr/2018 "Importing photos from scanners" guide from Adobe may help sort things out if you're just getting started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page size drop down use to work so I could adjust the page size now it seems to be defauted to Legal 8.5 x 14 inches and I can not change it. Do not know what changed to cause this.

I am using the HP Scan app I got with the printer/scanner which works, but it would be nice to scan photos right from Adope Elements 2019 itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Out of my bailiwick, Oliver.  See if resetting preferences in Organizer straightens things out.  If I understand, you could scan from within Organizer in times past but it suddenly doesn't work?  Go to Edit >> Preferences >> General and click the Restore Default Settings button.  Verify your HP scanner is recognized and selected in preferences too.

You may already know that an HP provided plugin is necessary in order for Organizer to control your scans - not to be confused with the stand alone scanning software HP also provided you with.  It might be called a TWAIN driver/plugin or have WIA in its name, something of that sort.  I always use stand alone software, sorry I can't be more helpful.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines