• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2018 'Support Files' folder location on a Mac

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was to download & install Photoshop Elements 2018 from Adobe, to an iMac using OS 10.13.2, where would the ‘Support Files’ and ‘Plug-ins’ folder be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two locations for plugins in photoshop elements 2018 which is actually version 16 are

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018/Support Files/Plug-Ins

(the most common place to install plugins/filters)

and

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 16

(some plugin makers install the plugin/filters in this location)

(your mac hard drive Library, not your User Library)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

"/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018/Support Files/Plug-Ins".

As with every previous version of Photoshop Elements downloaded from Adobe.

Unfortunately, I downloaded PE 2018 (16) from the Mac App Store, and the only thing that shows up in the 'Applications' folder, is the app itself.

And:

"/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/Elements 16"

There is nothing about Elements 16.

The only folders there are, CC, CS6, and Elements 9, 11, 13, 14, and 15.

Here’s where my PE 16 Plug-ins folder is: User library > Containers > com.adobe.pse.16editor > Data > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop Elements 16 Editor > Plug-ins > TopazDeNoise6 > TopazDeNoise6.plugin.

But when I open PE 2018 Editor, open a photo, and select Topaz Labs - Topaz DeNoise 6, I get this, "Cannot Proceed  - Error: please report this error to Topaz Labs".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have access to any adobe applications from the mac app store, so maybe a another user or an adobe employee knows, but i've heard one can't install actually plugins or updates unless apple provides them thru the app store.

Anyway, if you have a previous version of photoshop elements installed and in the 2018 version under Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor>Preferences>Plugins has a check for an Additional Plugins Folder, you could point it at a previous version of elements plugin folder as shown below.

Then restart pse 2018 for the setting to take affect.

macapp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines