• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2021 Import Showing Incorrect Camera EXIF Date Taken

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing cr3 files taken with a Canon G5X Mark II, the Organizer import reports the Camera EXIF's Date Taken as one hour later than the actual Date Taken.  Same problem with a dng file that was created with Adobe's DNG Converter.  The problem is NOT with the cr3 files EXIF data. I am running PE 2021 on a Windows 10 computer.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Elements User,

Thank you for reaching out on Adobe Forums with your issues. Could you please help answer some questions regarding your issue?

1. Is this issue file specific, or is EXIF data incorrect for all your files? Moreover, is this format specifc? Please try importing JPGs, PNGs along with cr3 files.
2. Is this specific to a catalog? Could you please try to create a new catalog, and import the same file(s) into the new catalog?

If the issue is still persistent, would it be possible for you to share some of the files you are facing this issue with? It would be extremely helpful in having a look at the issue on our end. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Aaron Vijayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aaron, the EXIF date is incorrect for all cr3 and (converted by Adobe converter) dng files that were produced by my Canon G5X Mark II camera.  I assume, but can't be sure, that the same problem would exist for the new (2019) Canon G7 III.  The problem occurs in my old catalog, as well as a new test catalog.  I don't have any png files to test.  As far as I can tell, older raw files convert correctly.

I don't seem to be able to upload the cr3 or dng files or the Word file that illustrates the problem.  Is there some other way I can send these files to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichaelBParis, that is also my posting. I was reporting the same bug. As requested above, I will try to create a new catalog and see if the results are the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines