• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 9 fails on my iMac

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my operating system on my iMac to Catalina PE 9 no longer works. Which version of PE will work on Catalina?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Which version of PE will work on Catalina?

Only the current version Elements 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John. I've not yet bought PE20 because I have a computer problem I have to sort out first. I do have one aother question. On the Adobe website under system requirements I read:

DVD-ROM drive

Internet connection required for product activation and content download.

I don't have a DVD drive on my iMac. Can I download the sofware from the internet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. You can download the trial version and enter your serial number.

A DVD drive is an optional requirement if you really want to install from DVD. I have not done that with any software for over 20 years. New desktops or laptops do not come with DVD drives these days. Certainly not Macs.

Something to bear in mind is that, I believe, Elements is unique in that the download version is single platform: Windows only or Mac only. But not both.

For the same price, DVD versions sold as a disc in a box come with both Windows and Mac versions.

No idea why Adobe do it that way and only for Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines