• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE2019 edit a slideshow mp4

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an mp4 slideshow with captions and used one of the themes.  After saving and viewing the slideshow, I realize I made an error in a caption.  How can I edit a caption?  Doesn't seem any facility to do this?  Do I have to redo all the captions to correct ONE? And do a new slideshow?  Must be a way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Did you save the slideshow (not just the mp4 file)?  If so, open the slideshow by double-clicking it in the Organizer.

1.  Click on the Media tab at the top left of the Slideshow Editor.  You should see something like my screenshot.

2.  If you are referring to the Title slides, you can right click on the erroneous one and edit it.

3. If you are talking about true captions, make sure the Captions box is checked.

4.  You should be able to edit the caption by clicking on it.  This will open the text en

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the slideshow (not just the mp4 file)?  If so, open the slideshow by double-clicking it in the Organizer.

1.  Click on the Media tab at the top left of the Slideshow Editor.  You should see something like my screenshot.

2.  If you are referring to the Title slides, you can right click on the erroneous one and edit it.

3. If you are talking about true captions, make sure the Captions box is checked.

4.  You should be able to edit the caption by clicking on it.  This will open the text entry box for editing.

Once you have completed your edits, click on the media tab icon again and it will take you back to a preview of your edited slideshow.

I hope this answers your questions.

Snap10_2019.06.25_23h12m28s_003_.png

Added:  Just to be clear, you cannot edit the mp4 file to change the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your clear and concise answer.  It worked!  This PE 2019 slideshow feature seems to be much less robust than previous versions, but I guess we can accomodate - guess they want us to buy PE Premiere also.  For example, I can't see any way to make longer captions, and the whole method seems to be much more cumbersome  But, many thanks for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines