Highlighted

PE2019 Slideshow Audio does not mute when a video clip is playing

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making slideshows from a combination of jpeg images and videos. If I choose the Theme Watercolour then the music mutes and allows the video sound to be heard. If I choose any other theme eg Woods or Classic, then the music does not mute and it drowns out the video sound track.

I want to hear the video soundtrack. How do I make the themes behave the same way that Watercoulour does. I am using Elements 2019 Version 17.0

Thank you

Ken W

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PE2019 Slideshow Audio does not mute when a video clip is playing

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making slideshows from a combination of jpeg images and videos. If I choose the Theme Watercolour then the music mutes and allows the video sound to be heard. If I choose any other theme eg Woods or Classic, then the music does not mute and it drowns out the video sound track.

I want to hear the video soundtrack. How do I make the themes behave the same way that Watercoulour does. I am using Elements 2019 Version 17.0

Thank you

Ken W

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

That shouldn't be happening. let's make it right.

As the audio is not muting, could you please share a screenshot of the Photoshop Elements user interface?

You may try resetting the preferences of Photoshop Elements and see how it goes:Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Sahil

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I don't understand what you are asking me for.  What is the Photo Elements User Interface? If I can find it you can have your screen shot.

Also the Preference files are not located in the place your link shows and I don't find them on my Windows 10 computer. Are they hidden files?

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil

Sorry but could you try to explain to me what you mean by the Photoshop Elements user interface?

Thank you

Ken Wakefield

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Elements Organizer lowers the volume of slideshow's audio by a fixed value whenever it plays audio from a video in the slideshow. Depending on the default audio of the theme it may happen that slideshow's music overwhelms the audio in the video. You can avoid this by removing the default audio of the Classic/Woods theme and replacing it with the default audio of the Watercolor theme. You can performing these changes in the Audio panel of the slideshow. In addition to the default audios shipped with Elements Organizer you can also import and use your own audio files.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankitd

Thank you for the above tips which I have used. This has not solved the problem but in experimenting I have found what the real problem is which is not what I originally described. It is not that the audio track drowns out the video track, in fact the video track is just not there.

The real problem is that Organizer uses the first ten seconds of video. This is OK but if I try to trim the video and use a section which is outside the first ten seconds eg from 15 to 30 secs then the video soundtrack can not be heard. If I choose the start point within the first 10sec eg from 6 to 20, then it plays just a few seconds and then goes silent. This is only when using themes other than watercolor. With watercolor it plays OK but not with others.

So there is a fault in there and the fault is that the video soundtrack is missing if it is trimmed to outside the first ten seconds.

Please can you help further.

Thank you

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

In the video trim window there is a check box to mute audio track of the selected video. Can you please check if toggling this option resolves your issue? Attaching a screenshot for referance.TrimWindow.JPG

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ankitd. Thank you for continuing to try and help me. I have tried toggling the mute button but no success. Also tried saving and coming back then muting again. Same result. I have created a small test project with three video clips. If I leave them as original therefore only using the first 10secs then all are OK. Then I trim two of them to 5 to 20secs and 14 to 30secs. The play sequence is then 1=OK  2=Plays 3secs then silent  3= Silent. Then I change the theme to Watercolor and they all play as I have trimmed them. Change the theme back to anything else and the video sound track is gone. I also remove the audio music track so it is easy to hear what is happening. Is there any chance I can send my project file to someone so it could be tried?

Thank you

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ankitd. In further trying to solve this problem. I also have on my computer PE2018 which I abandoned when the maps stopped working. I have added my files into PE2018 and made the same slideshow and the result is the same. When the videos are trimmed to outside the first ten seconds, the video sound is lost when using all themes except Watercolor.

Please help me.

Thank you

Kenn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2019 0