• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

People recognition on import

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having created a new catalog (PSE 2018) and imported thousands of images, I cannot see how the claimed face recognition works as none are showing. When I tried to add a face manually I got the message that the images were still being analysed which seemed to be going on for hours but finally stopped. 

Not wanting to have to go through everything again I have just tried with a new empty test catalog to put only a few images and faces in it I get the following sequence.

Import from Files or Folders - OK 

Analysing media .......  showing stacks....  Done.

400 media files imported. 

If I go to the Media tab, about 400 images are showing. There are easily recognisable faces in maybe 40 of them. 

On the "people" tab I simply get "import Media to see similar looking faces grouped automatically".  If I click on any individual folders with either Named or Un-named I get "No media available. Clear the filter and try again". If I look at "All people" I get the original "import Media to see similar looking faces grouped automatically"  message. 

If I simply go to the Media tab, select a single image and try to "Mark face" the message is that organsier is still analysing   faces in the catalog and to wait. That has been running for about 20 minutes now. 

What should I be doing here please??  

Added > now still "analysing" after 2 hours so stopping it and going back to previous catalog.......

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I simply go to the Media tab, select a single image and try to "Mark face" the message is that organsier is still analysing faces in the catalog and to wait. That has been running for about 20 minutes now.

Face recognition can take many hours, if not days (or weeks), depending on the size of your catalog, the speed of your computer and the number of video files in your catalog.  The message you are getting shows that it has not yet completed. 

Are you seeing the status of FR in the lower right of the screen?  (Analysis of photos will complete before analysis of videos.)

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.08_01h34m25s_001_.png

Do you have Hide small stacks checked in the UnNamed People room?  Uncheck the box and see if you have more small stacks available.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.25_11h34m03s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION:  I didn't notice that you are using Elements 2018 which does not face recognize videos.

To determine approximately how many files have been analyzed for face recognition, go to the following folder on your computer, using Windows File Explorer:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\YOUR CATALOG NAME\FaceAnalysis\json

A .json file should exist for each file that has been analyzed.

If you sort the files by date, you will see whether FR is active or when the process may have stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will take a good look. Getting too late here in Europe! For the small test catalog the status is showing analsying faces 100% complete but nothing showing, all just as descrtibed except I can now do a manual FR on a single image.   Looking tomorrow. Tks again     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have discovered a couple of issues causing my problem. One was that a recent Windows update seemed to have reset my Explorer Files View options to  NOT show hidden files and folders, so I could not see a Program Data folder with the catalogs.  

A second was that I eventually found my Organiser had somehow become setup to NOT do automatic people recognition. For the benefit of any other user with the same problem it is under 

Edit>Preferences>General>MediaAnalysis>Run Face Recognition Automatically. 

So that is now working OK.....   but where faces have not been identified I still have an issue.

On an unidentified face the cursor will pull up a circle and  I get a circle and a black "Add name" option. If I start typing there (now a white box) the firest characters call up a list of the existing people tags that start with that letter.  If I select one it is entered in the box. But as soon as I try to do anything else, it reverts to the black "Add name" step.  Is there another setting that needs adjusting?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where faces have not been identified I still have an issue.

On an unidentified face the cursor will pull up a circle and I get a circle and a black "Add name" option. If I start typing there (now a white box) the firest characters call up a list of the existing people tags that start with that letter. If I select one it is entered in the box. But as soon as I try to do anything else, it reverts to the black "Add name" step. Is there another setting that needs adjusting?

What do you mean when you say as soon as I try to do anything else? Once you add or select a name, you need to hit the Enter key to complete the naming.  If this is not happening, it may be part of a bug:  You will find that when you hover over an unnamed face, you may be offered an incorrect name, e.g. Is this John?  But it is impossible to delete the wrong suggestion using the X control. 

My advice is to not add names in photos individually.  It is far more efficient to use the UnNamed People room to add names to stacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines