Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

People Tag - Importing

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom/Elements

I am a hobbyist user of Lightroom and Photoshop. I wanted to establish an archive of family photos, including all digital photos and those scanned prints of family members. Currently I have a few thousand photos of our family members, and I have used the face recognition capabilities of Lightroom to identify each person in the photos. Additionally, each person has a unique identifier (FN-####, Ex: Fred-0234) and using the hierarchy capabilities in Lightroom, each person is positioned within the family tree.

The problem I’m trying to fix is that most family members do not use Lightroom. I purchased Elements in the hopes that I could share my photo files with others in the family. Importing files resulted in the tags all grouped into “Imported Keyword Tags” category. Is there anyway to import the hierarchy and people tags into Elements 2020? If need be, I can start over with a new catalogue in Elements.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know any way to export the keywords tree structure from LR to PSE. In PSE, you can export that structure as a text file and import it before importing the keywords. In the same way, you can export a PSE catalog to LR, but not the other way round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. It seems that, in order to reach my goal, I would need to “clean up” the hierarchical representation in PSE, then export it for an import into Lightroom. Is correct and doable?

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could imagine someone creating an app to translate a text file storing the structure hierarchy of keywords into the existing text format of Elements, but it's obvious that there is no real motivation from Adobe to make the jump from LR to PSE easier.

What I can say is that you can manually reshape the 'Imported Keyword tags' category into your own hierarchy. Then, you can import your PSE catalog into LR, which will keep the keyword structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines