• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pet face recognition - 2021?

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the people faces recognition feature in PSE 2021.

Is there a plugin for pet/dog/cat recognition?  Or did I miss that feature.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021
TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't missed anything.

In past versions, pet faces would be recognized almost as false positives.  So, for my long deceased dog, many of my photos of him have been face recognized.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.19_10h57m59s_001_.png

However, face recognition has greatly improved over the years. So, I rarely see one of my family's pets appearing in the People room.  I'm sure face recognition for pets has been requested many times, and maybe we will see it in the future.

You can always mark a pet's face manually.  (And it's possible that I did that with the photo above.)  Or simply tag the pet with a keyword tag or People tag.  If you only tag with a People tag, the face will not appear in the People room - you will only get a generic icon.

You can also do a Search for animals.  It is fairly accurate and complete.  A search for dog in my catalog brought up nearly 6,000 images.  Here are a few of the found images:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.19_11h08m11s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gfmucci 

Pet face detection is currently not available in PSE. And this is a great feature suggestion.

I would request you to please go ahead and submit this feature request at this form for future releases: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Till the time being, there are some great insights offered by Greg in his comment, which would be helpful to you.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, Arshla and Greg. I initially didn't notice the "search dog" possibility.  I'm guessing it will do the same with "search bird", "search mouse", and possibly "search cat that is eating mouse and bird."

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that works great.  With "dog", a couple hundred of my dog photos came up.  Same with "bird".  I put in "turkey" just to see how far it would go, and a photo titled "Obama - 2nd day in Istanbul" came up." I'm not sure if the search feature targeted the person or the country. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines