• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo bin

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to photoshop so please bear with me. I've got the 2020 version (downloaded yesterday).

I completed a simple project no problem. This has now gone into the photobin. I've tried to save this to a file that I named, it goes in all right but everytime you click on the title within the file it takes you straight back to photoshop again. How do I use the picture I've just made for everyday use. Can't work it out. I'm not massively computer savvy so in laymens terms please boys and girls. 

Thanks. 

Dave 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure about some of the details of your question.  When you say the "photobin", do you mean the Organizer's Media Grid?  And when say "you click on the title within the file" can you be more specific? 

Finally, your question is, "How do I use the picture I've just made for everyday use?"  What do you want to do with the photo?  Email it? Post it on Facebook? 

Just to give you some general thoughts that often confuse new users:

The Organizer's catalog is a database of files that are stored on your computer.  It does not create a separate copy of your file which is stored on your computer on a hard drive.  You can view the images in the Organizer's grid.  You can also use the Organizer to better organize your photos, particularly if you want to search for a particular photo at some time in the future.

However, in order for the Organizer to keep track of your photos, you should only save, rename and/or move them within the Organizer and not in Windows Explorer (or Mac's Finder).

You can always get to a file from the Organizer. If you select a file in the grid, the Information panel on the right has a link to the file in Explorer.  Just click on the Location button:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.29_10h11m37s_001_.png

Hope this is of some help to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg,

There's a chance that when Sea Angler completed his project and saved it, he named it, but left the default extension as PSD. If this is the case, if he tries to view it in Windows Explorer it will launch the PSE Editor. Maybe you can explain the difference between PSD and image file types to him.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines