Highlighted

photo collage help with photo bin elements 15

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prior thanks you

I am having my first experience with photo collage in elements 15. I have 8 photos in the photo bin in editor that I wish to use. I go to create to use the photos and only one gets dumped in. There must be a way to select them all but I cannot figure out the key commands if there is one. I do not use oranizer so that route would also be a new experience. any help or linksthat can be provided would be great. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photo collage help with photo bin elements 15

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prior thanks you

I am having my first experience with photo collage in elements 15. I have 8 photos in the photo bin in editor that I wish to use. I go to create to use the photos and only one gets dumped in. There must be a way to select them all but I cannot figure out the key commands if there is one. I do not use oranizer so that route would also be a new experience. any help or linksthat can be provided would be great. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have several photos in the photo bin and click create>photo collage, you should see a dialog something like this:

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.21_10h52m05s_001_.png

Your installation should probably have more themes in it than the basic one that I have.  Not sure about that.  I haven't used Elements 15 in a while.  Once you click OK, the program will generate a collage using the photos in the bin.  If the theme has more images than are in the photo bin, there will be placeholders that you can click and browse for more photos.  If you want to replace a photo in the collage or add new photos from the bin, you can click and drag them to the placeholder:Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.21_10h53m34s_002_.png

If you right-click on an image in the collage, you will have several other context menu options:

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.21_11h02m55s_003_.png

Double-clicking an image in the collage also brings up a control for replacement of the image and also a zoom slider.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.21_11h06m43s_004_.png

If this is not what you are seeing please post a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks....but same problem. Only one of the photos in the photobin was used. I began by place photos into the bin in editor.Then right clicked each seperate photo and went create and photo collage. Only the blue highlighted photo seems to being used. If in fact blue needs to be framing each photo in the bin what is the command. I am using Mac with high Sierra. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2019 0
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about Macs but hopefully, the following will help.  In the photo bin, the blue frame around a photo signifies the active image in the editing window.  You can select multiple photos in the bin by normal commands such as Cmd+Click or Shift+Click.  When a non-active image is selected, it will have a white frame around it.  In the following screenshot, the first, third and fifth images are selected with the first image being active in the editing window.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.22_00h37m32s_001_.png

If you want all of the photos in the bin to be included in the collage, make sure that in the Create>Photo Collage dialog, the box is checked to Autofill with selected images:

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.21_10h52m05s_001_.png

If this does not populate the photo collage automatically for you, I would suggest resetting the preferences file.  (I'm assuming that Macs have a similar Preferences dialog as Windows):

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.22_00h48m19s_002_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg

Once I boot up I will check it out...

I did manage out how to use organizer to complete the collage I was working on. However doing it that way is sort of an extra step. I am hoping for the best. I appreciate your time...and will let you know .

Musich

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at the machine, So I tried again and this time it worked. And with two different sets of photos. I have no idea why !! I thought it might be the the blue hightlighted was that last photo in the bin, However, it did not seem to make a difference. I did not reset my preference from where they were pior to the retry. I will attach an image of the general page. These have not changed since install that I know of. They are different then the image you put up. Is one prferable to another ?

Thanks

peference window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not reset my preference from where they were pior to the retry. I will attach an image of the general page. These have not changed since install that I know of. They are different then the image you put up. Is one prferable to another ?

As the name implies, preferences are a matter of personal preference.  Whenever I install a new version of Elements, I always enable Zoom with Scroll Wheel.  For me, that is the easiest way to zoom in and out of an image.  I also disable the default Enable Crop Pre-selection as I find it annoying.  But that's me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.. I think I will take your advice on crop preselection feature. It is annoying. I appreciate your help. Any advice on upgrading to the newest elements. In the past I was able to get elements at Costco for a cheaper upgrade. I went from 11 to 15 that way using my yearly rebate and the discounted price dropped the price. Now Costco does not seem to be carrying elements. I went to upgade before 19 but the advice from reading was not much there. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photo Collage feature has been re-designed in PSE 2019 with new interactive layouts. See my video. You can try the software free for 30 days.

https://youtu.be/Yx0wgWSPTfE

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am more inspired to go for Elements 2019 but the best price I can find is 99 dollars.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade pricing is available directly from Adobe at $79.99

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a little better but still about 20 bucks too much maybe. What do you knowabout features improvement of 15 0ver 2019 ? Anything earth shattering  ? And thanaksfor the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 0
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 3
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally to the new features in the link by Greg_S,

- a few annoying bugs have been solved

- the map module is available again

- the ACR raw converter supports new cameras

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 0
jmusich LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is adobe sensi in terms of what will allow me to do differently then what I can do in 15 ? And when will more talk balloons be added ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2019 0