Highlighted

Photo dates in the organizer

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have used PhotoShop Elements 4.0 for many years.  It worked ok until recently.  I just got the new Elements 2019.  I am not very good a navigating computer stuff, especially new stuff.  My old program had the date the photo was taken underneather every photo as it appeared in the organizer.  I used those dates all the time.  I have not found a way to have the date show up underneath every photo in the organizer with the Elements 2019.  Is there a way to show that?  I did find the place where it shows the details of an individual photo in a side bar, but that is one photo at a time.  If I am looking for the beginning or the end of a date series, that means scrolling though a lot of photos.  The date is one of the most important details I need.  Perhaps it is a setting I have not found as of yet?  I hope so!  Thank you for any response.  HollyB2

[Moderator: Moved to the Photoshop Elements community]

TOPICS
Feature request, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo dates in the organizer

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have used PhotoShop Elements 4.0 for many years.  It worked ok until recently.  I just got the new Elements 2019.  I am not very good a navigating computer stuff, especially new stuff.  My old program had the date the photo was taken underneather every photo as it appeared in the organizer.  I used those dates all the time.  I have not found a way to have the date show up underneath every photo in the organizer with the Elements 2019.  Is there a way to show that?  I did find the place where it shows the details of an individual photo in a side bar, but that is one photo at a time.  If I am looking for the beginning or the end of a date series, that means scrolling though a lot of photos.  The date is one of the most important details I need.  Perhaps it is a setting I have not found as of yet?  I hope so!  Thank you for any response.  HollyB2

[Moderator: Moved to the Photoshop Elements community]

TOPICS
Feature request, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Menu View, tick options to view details and file name.

Ctrl D to switch between detailed view and 'adaptative view' which shows only images without text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichelBParis, Thank you for taking the time to reposnd to my quesiton.  My screen doesn't have a "menu button", or is the "menu" something that is not labeled as "menu", but just supposed to be understood as "menu"?  I am very new to this program.  I am sorry but I do not understnad your answer.  I have never used a forum such as this either.  I have just done my first edit with Elements 2019.   It is so different from Elements 4.0 and a LOT harder to use.  Right now I am very frustrated, but trying to learn it. Is there another place that you might know of where I can call or email someone for asking questions other than this forum?  Thank you again for taking the time to respond.  HollyB2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you are lookin in the organiser?
What MichelBParis means, is the following.

whan you have the organiser screen in front of you, you can see in the left top the words "File", "Edit", "Find", "View" and "Help".

These are menu items. When you click on them, a menu appears.

When you click on "View", you wil see the items in the View menu. One of these items is "Details". Click on "Details"and a checkmark appears in front of it.

At the same time the foto's on screen will now show the file details like the date.

Alternatively, you can press CTRL-D on your keyboard. This will also toggle the details option.

In the View menu, you will also find the option "Filenames" that you can select when the details option is turned on. This will show the filename fot each photo.

Also in the "View" menu is the timeline option. This give a timeline bar above the photos. You can scrroll through the timeline of the photos here.

Hope this helps. Good luck trying the options. You'll get the hang of it after trying some more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  That is part of what I was looking for. I did all those settings you worte about.

I have another quesitons involving the organizer.  I did some editing on a photo.  When I was done and closed the photo from the editor and the screen went back to the organizer it went to the top of the page and not back to the spot with the photo I had just worked on, like I am used to.  Is there a setting for that?

Thank you so much.  Sorry I am such a novice!

HollyB2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have another quesitons involving the organizer. I did some editing on a photo. When I was done and closed the photo from the editor and the screen went back to the organizer it went to the top of the page and not back to the spot with the photo I had just worked on, like I am used to. Is there a setting for that?"

That other question has already been asked and reported in the feedback forum.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-organizer-jumps-to-the-first-pictur...

The problem is that it's necessary to be able to reproduce that situation to find a solution. Unfortunately, I have never been able to reproduce the issue...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
HollyB2 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone who has responded to my questions.  I have been able to figure out everything I asked about, including the last quesiton.  I do not kow what the difference is, but now when I finish an edit and close the photo in the editor it goes back to the right spot.  All my questions at this point are now resolved.  Thank you all again.  HollyB2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very tippy top of Photoshop Organizer's screen there is a black colored band with the words, File, Edit, Image, Enhance, Layer, Select, Filter, View, Window & Help running left to right.  These are called menu's.  What MichaelBParis is suggesting is that you click on the one that says, "View".  Inside the View menu are some options available to you.  Click on the one that says "Details" and also the one that says "File Names" and see if that helps.  This might seem like calculus at the moment but you'll get the hang of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019 0