• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photo editor will not open Element 2019

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo editor will not open from Elements 2019 or directly.  Premiere will still open and also Organizer.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Photoshop 2020 on 2/16/2020. I am on Windows 10. Ps Elements will open Sony Raw files (ARW) but if I right click the file name Photoshop Elemnts is not in the Open with... Menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter, press your Windows logo key and type default apps [click open].  Scroll down a bit and select and Choose default apps by file type then wait a moment for the long list to appear.  Scroll to "ARW" and select your Photoshop Elements app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,, Phinny. I will try it.

That didn't work. 

I get a message to select from four options
1. Adobe CS4 (that I have installed),
2. Photos,
3. Snip and Sketch;
4. Look for an app in the MS Store 

The only option in the store that comes close is Adobe Photoshop Express Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. If I right click a JPG file there is an option to open with Photoshop Elements. It seems that the link for the Sony Raw file somehow was omitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, maybe selecting PSE's plugin would have worked, which wasn't an option in that window because plugins aren't apps.  I'm not exactly sure why else PSE might not have been available.  Sorry that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really sorry, tez.  Have you tried navigating to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2019\ and double clicking PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe and immediately holding alt-ctl-shift keys down?  If this works you'll be presented with an option to delete the settings file.  Say yes.  If this doesn't work try uninstalling PSE entirely and reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines