• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTO SHOP ELEMENTS 2020 INSTALLATION ERROR 1

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't install PSE 2020 - gets to about 4% of installation and stops with an error code 1.

using a new Mac with Catalina installed.

No idea what is going on, haven't got all night to wait for their "experts".

anyone any ideas?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting error code 1 while installing Photoshop Elements 2020. Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/error-code-1-while-installing-elements-2019/td-p/1... and let us know if that helps? 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't help.

I am using a Mac with Catalina OS 10.15 not windows.

I have tried  to install it again this morning with no luck.

Can someone- anyone at Adobe either sort this out without keep passing me around like a parcel

OR refund my money.

your product isn't fit for purpose- it doesn't work. 
faith. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do adobe support staff contact people by hotmail accounts - ask unnecessary questions and demand the login to people's account? I didn't give it them.

they tell me I haven't paid for support!

sounds odd to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely not. You have been contacted by a scammer and you did the right thing by not responding to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we need to do to get Adobe's attention to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new MacBook Pro running Catalina Mac OS. I imported apps and data from an older MacBook Pro which had PSE 15 installed. I've downloaded and executed the following:

PhotoshopElements_2020_WWEFDJ.dmg (3.2MB)

PhotoshopElements_2020_WWEFDJ_ESD.dmg (3.37GB)

both of them cause the same error.

Also downloaded and executed the following tools: 

AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg    Run it and it cleans everything except "Fix Host File". Can't fix/remove that.

LogCollectorTool.dmg     Executed it but can't decipher the log files.

What can I do? Does it mean I cannot use your software on my computer? I use Photoshop Elements to create episode and post art for a weekly podcast. So far, can't do my job because OI decided to upgrade to a new PSE version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running into the same problem with my MAC and Catalina. I finally found on the Adobe site that 2019 does not work with the new Mac Catalina but does work with PSE 2020. But you need to load new drivers from Adobe for the  PSE 2020 and they have instructions how to do so and install 2020 software. I hope this helps. I need to purchase the new PSE 2020 and try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we need to do to get Adobe's attention to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msf001, I have the very same problem on my iMac. PSE 2020 loaded perfectly on  my MacBook Pro.  I used a CD and a website download both and am still having the problem.  I am frustrated and cannot find a darn thing on the Adobe help pages to solve this problem. Just makes me want to scream!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too..... Tried probably 100 times! CD and download fail at 4%. Error 1. I have got rid of all legacy Adobe stuff, done all the uninstalls they recommend, cleared by cache/library and tried both calling and 'chatting' (with a useless bot) with no human conact or useful help. I have several times had problems I have raised (always the same issue, installiung) closed as - to Adobe - it looks like they have called me and closed thecase because I don't pick up. But, I have no record of them ever calling me and depsite keeping phone on have never heard a peep out of them. PS Elements and Premiere Elements 2020 ackage is so cheap (in Adobe terms) I guess they don't feel support is sensible from their end and they probably guess we'll give up and subscribe to the online full version....I'm going to get a refund from the retailer I bought it from. (Guidelines for this forum say be kind and respectctful - I am. Now Adobe, it's your turn.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/delete-previously-installed-application-files.html

Before that I tried the following but didn't work:

Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Creative Cloud Uninstaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines