• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoholder (blue bounding box) won't move/2021/Mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the lastest upgrade (3/19/21), the photoholder won't move.  I've had Elements for years and know to uncheck Center Image, etc.  The crossbar and the hand icon both move the image but not the bounding box.  Therefore only the part of the image that remains in the bounding box (photoholder) gets printed.

I regularly use this function and so am paralyzed until I find a solution.  

Thanks.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Hi @default1n5fxo6zth7w , @Jeff Arola ,@ANTON0D44 , @karenc44386995 

I hope you're all doing well. Thank you all for bringing this issue to light. This issue has now been fixed in the latest update to Adobe Photoshop Elements. Please update to the latest version (2021.3), and this issue should not be there anymore. Please let me know if you face issues with updating or any other issues with the print. 

Regards,

Aaron Vijayan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out on the Adobe Forums. Could you please share a screenshot of the issue you are facing? A screenshot of the bounding box along with the issue would be helpful. Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

I'm not at my computer right now, but the end of the thread in the link Jeff provided describes well what I wrote above.  I don't think a screen shot is needed.  It's simply that, on the printing page, the blue bounding box will not move, via the crossbar or hand cursor.  It stays in the center, even when the vertical and horizontal margines are set.  Doing this moves the image, as does the hand cursor.  But you can only see the part of the image that remains in the box, and this is all that prints.  Just imagine only the top half of a portrait showing in the bounding box.  

If you still need a screen shot, let me know and I will provide it.  But I need a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I see that you're facing the issue as well. Could you share a screenshot here so that I can better undertsand the problem?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron,

Are we going to get a response and solution?

You just stopped responding after we provided the information you asked for.

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice and for sharing the relevant infromation. Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.We are investigating the issue at our end and will inform you once a fix is available.

Regards,

Aaron 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been five weeks since this request was originally posted and over two weeks since your last response.  In the meantime, we can't use Elements as we always have and need to.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been five weeks since this request was originally posted and over two weeks since your last response.  In the meantime, we can't use Elements as we always have and need to.  

By @default1n5fxo6zth7w

I am sorry to say that I believe you are dreaming.

Even if the Adobe teams have already found the origin of the bug (which is not obvious at that stage) in the best case, the solution (for both Mac and Windows) would be present in the next PSE release in September/October.

Why?

Because it's too late anyway to issue an update this year.

Before Adobe decides to correct a bug,

- the bug should be reproducible (it is undoubtedly).

- it should be significant and important for many users (it is not) If it's not a priority, you'll have to wait or there will be no decision to troubleshoot the issue.

- Note that some issues that users find important may not be 'bugs', the may be considered by Adobe as 'features', or 'as designed', and they often change their minds about interface choices for instance. There maybe a technical reason linked to the updates of Mac / Win programming libraries which makes a solution difficult, you'll never know. But if the feature you are after is a matter of personal workflow choice, then it will never be acknowledged as a bug.

In the present case, even if I am using Elements since nearly 20 years, I was not even aware of the blue 'placeholder' feature. I was ready to bet that less than 1% of the users did use it. Of course, I don't know, you don't know and only Adobe has the marketing tool to know exactly the proportion of users using a given tool.

My guess is based on the fact that in those years, display photos is much more frequent than printing them. Printing them at home is less frequent. Those who print at home may appreciate the placeholder feature, but they don't need to.

I don't want to process a file differently for display or for print. If I want margins, frames or borders, I'll process my file so that it is ready to print or display with my home printer, an outside service, on my display or on the web. The way I layout my photo on my canvas is totally chosen in the editing software, not the printing device. My file is ready for any choice of output.

I understand that if you are used to the printing softwares bundled with home printers, you need more controls to place your photo on the paper. Those softwares won't adjust your photo and canvas, they will adjust the printing area.

Maybe you should consider using the printing software of your home printer instead of the editor or the organizer?

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first screenshot, clicking on the image, one can move it around inside the Blue bounding box.

move1.jpg

In the second screenshot, when the cursor turns to a "Crossbar", one is supossed to be able to move the Blue bounding box and the image inside as well, but in pse 2021 only the image inside the Blue bounding box moves.

move2.jpg

In pse versions prior like pse 2020 using the Croosbar drags both the Blue bounding box and the imge at the same time.

move3.jpg

The issue seems to be present on both the windows and mac pse 2021 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff.  This shows exactly what's happening.  

Now we just need a response and a solution!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem on PSE2021 Windows version. To print (except for in the center of the page), I must use an older version of PSE. This is a major error in PSE2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution of the problem: cf jour 1st screen-shot: mouve the image inside the blue frame a little bit (so as it appears on jour screen-shot). Then you unactivate "Center image" and leftclick on "more options", here leftclick on the 2nd line left upper-corner, then leftclick on "adapte image to support" or something like that (in German:Auf Mediengrösse skalieren), then OK. Then you see your image without the blue frame and jou can place it where you want, you can turn it to the left or right, with the support or without. When you are done, check if "Center image" is inactivated, then you can print and you will see the image where you placed it. I work with Adobe Elements 21, Win10Home, fully updated, Canon Inkjet Pixma MG7750. May I ask you to try this method and to give me a feedback. If necessary I'll send you screen-shots. Excuse my bad English!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does look like llike in older versio nyou could move the blue box.

Stop wasting so much time on this: just put the image in a powerpoint / google doc, postion it wherever, print it , and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your remarks. I do not agree with you:  in my very old "Photoshop Elements 12" the blue frame moves together with the image, in "Photoshop Elements 2021" the blue frame remains still and only the image within this frame moves. It seems just as if the frame would "swallow" the image. If you do then what I proposed, the frame disappears and you can move the image and print it where you want. If I have seen right, in the very new " Adobe Photoshop" (which I am testing, there is no blue frame and the image can be moved without problems. Thanks for your feedback.

ANTON0D44_0-1622899402018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same imaage-situation as in the following Answer, here in Photoshop Elements 12:

ANTON0D44_0-1622900804854.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put it on a full sized, full page, canvas, problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Glenn, could you explain me, how you do this step by step and telling me, what programms I have to use. I do not know what is a "Canvas". I use French and German issues. Win10, Photoshop Elements. I also use Nero Platin um.

Waiting for your explanations and thanking you for all, kind regards Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default1n5fxo6zth7w , @Jeff Arola ,@ANTON0D44 , @karenc44386995 

I hope you're all doing well. Thank you all for bringing this issue to light. This issue has now been fixed in the latest update to Adobe Photoshop Elements. Please update to the latest version (2021.3), and this issue should not be there anymore. Please let me know if you face issues with updating or any other issues with the print. 

Regards,

Aaron Vijayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.

I appreciate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines