Photoholder (blue bounding box) won't move/2021/Mac

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the lastest upgrade (3/19/21), the photoholder won't move.  I've had Elements for years and know to uncheck Center Image, etc.  The crossbar and the hand icon both move the image but not the bounding box.  Therefore only the part of the image that remains in the bounding box (photoholder) gets printed.

I regularly use this function and so am paralyzed until I find a solution.  

Thanks.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out on the Adobe Forums. Could you please share a screenshot of the issue you are facing? A screenshot of the bounding box along with the issue would be helpful. Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Aaron

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

I'm not at my computer right now, but the end of the thread in the link Jeff provided describes well what I wrote above.  I don't think a screen shot is needed.  It's simply that, on the printing page, the blue bounding box will not move, via the crossbar or hand cursor.  It stays in the center, even when the vertical and horizontal margines are set.  Doing this moves the image, as does the hand cursor.  But you can only see the part of the image that remains in the box, and this is all that prints.  Just imagine only the top half of a portrait showing in the bounding box.  

If you still need a screen shot, let me know and I will provide it.  But I need a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jon

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I see that you're facing the issue as well. Could you share a screenshot here so that I can better undertsand the problem?

Regards,

Aaron

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron,

Are we going to get a response and solution?

You just stopped responding after we provided the information you asked for.

Thanks,

Jon

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice and for sharing the relevant infromation. Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.We are investigating the issue at our end and will inform you once a fix is available.

Regards,

Aaron 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first screenshot, clicking on the image, one can move it around inside the Blue bounding box.

move1.jpg

In the second screenshot, when the cursor turns to a "Crossbar", one is supossed to be able to move the Blue bounding box and the image inside as well, but in pse 2021 only the image inside the Blue bounding box moves.

move2.jpg

In pse versions prior like pse 2020 using the Croosbar drags both the Blue bounding box and the imge at the same time.

move3.jpg

The issue seems to be present on both the windows and mac pse 2021 versions.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff.  This shows exactly what's happening.  

Now we just need a response and a solution!

Jon

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines