• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos disappearing

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had downloaded photos about a month ago and a whole batch have disappeared.

Irene

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irene, we need more information about your problem.  What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Did the photos appear in the Organizer after you downloaded/imported them to your computer? 

Where did you download the photos from?

Where did you save the files on your computer?

Is it only one batch of photos that has disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg S.. I have Windows 10 and use Elements 13.  Two years of images from January 2018 to January 2020 still appear but have the yellow ? question mark.  I can't reconnect them.  I hope you can help.  Irene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the files in your catalog became disconnected (which is what the yellow question mark means), there has to be a reason.  Either they were deleted from your computer or they were moved or perhaps they were stored on an external drive that has changed it's assigned drive letter.

Does this provide any clues?

If the files remain on your computer, then you should do a search for them, using a Windows search for the file name.  (Look for a file that has a yellow question mark in the Organizer.)  If you find the files we can suggest how to reconnect them in the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines