• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos have GPS data, yet photos not pinned in Places

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem, short and sweet: I have PSE 15 for Mac. Photos have GPS data. Yet, despite what I'm reading and expecting, these photos are not automatically pinned in Places. For that matter, even when I search for a place in Places (cities, states, anything), it does nothing. There are no results. Help! Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For this, you would need to do 'Get Location Name' for the images with GPS metadata.

Go to Places > Pinned View and locate the pins which were created automatically due to GPS in them.

When you mouse hover these pins, you will see 'Get Location Name' on top of the expanded pin.

Click on 'Get Location Name' and the location for those pins will update.

Now, you can search for these places like other manually tagged media.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Actually, despite the photos having GPS info, they were not Pinned. I had zero pins in the Places room. I was able to solve the problem by rebooting my computer. I was skeptical that it was a computer problem because other programs were able to access the Internet. In any event, I now see my photos in Places.

Thanks,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  No photos with Pins are shown on a map anywhere.  Please help as this is a feature I depended on (and it worked well) in PSE 11, but now is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am having the same problem. Images have GPS data and are not shown on the map or in the unpinned grid view. They are not on the map either. Tried rebooting...nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines