• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not centered on page

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print from Adobe Photo Elements 2019 (17), the photo prints at the very top of the page with no margin.  It is not centered.  It just started doing this.  I have printed pictures before that were correctly centered on the page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomp92209157,

Sorry that your prints in Photoshop Elements 2019 are not getting centered as expected. Could you please try the following?

In the printer preferences there's a pull down menu that has a 'quality and media' section.

Check that the paper is set to 'plain paper' and try printing.

Let us now how it goes.,

Thanks,

Akkas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still starts printing on the very top edge of the paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Preferences:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

If that doesn't work, try updating or rolling back your printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences file and that didn't work.  I then updated the printer driver and that didn't work either.

I can print 5x7 on 5x7 paper and it works fine.  It's just when I try printing 8x10 on letter size paper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a screenshot of your printer dialog settings.  What printer are you using?  Does your printer allow borderless printing?  Do you have Crop to Fit selected?

Have you tried printing through the Organizer?  Does that make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer HP 8620

Yes, it allows borderless printing.  I’ve tried it both with borderless and without and same results.

My computer doesn’t seem to let me do a screen print of the open dialog boxes from Photo Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for a solution to the problem.  I think there is a bug in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't see your screenshot.  I think the problem is with your settings.

First, see if unchecking crop to print makes any difference.  If that fails:

1.  Go to Change Settings;

2.  Click on Advanced Settings. (This will take you to your Printer's Print Dialog.

3.  You may need to hunt around but there should be an option to print with borders.  Or at least make sure there is no setting to print borderless.

Snap10_2019.07.21_14h07m34s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed "Print with border" to off.  That worked!  It printed a full 8x10 on a letter sized paper with a margin at the top.  The only problem will be if I want to print a 8x10 with a border.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines