• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 19

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had photoshop elements 8 - I am trying to move to 19.  My back up is not loading to 19 - missing picture, not recognizing the disc drive - Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monica would you mind re-phrasing your question and include a little more detail.  With all due respect I'm not exactly sure what you're having trouble with or how to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - Long story...  I had Photoshop elements 8.  I received Photoshop elements 19.  I loaded it on to my computer and my catalog was imported.  It didn't work well.  I contacted Adobe.  They said it wouldn't work well because I was on Windows 7.  I bought a new computer, loaded Photoshop 19 and inserted my backup discs.  The first time it failed.  The second time it was missing pictures. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it on the new computer.  I have tried deleting the catalog and reinstalling the backup.  I now have all of the pictures as thumbnails (from other's help).  I loaded more pictures.  I tried to back them up.  Photoshop is not recognizing that I have a disc drive to back them up.  I am at a loss as to how to get the new version to work on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done Monica your question as clear as a bell now.  If you can bear with the fact that's it's Sunday night and a bit slower than normal I'm positive you'll find the solution for that right here.  I'm not so much the guy to help with catalog questions though so hang tight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica,

Thanks for reaching out on the Adobe Community. Could you please tell me where have you stored your Elements 8 backup? Is it a CD/DVD or on your hard disk?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  The Backup is on DVD.  I am not sure if disc 1 (of 3) is corrupt.  Some of the pictures on it didn't load as thumbnails.  Someone my husband worked with found them on the computer and brought them into photoshop some how.   (they don't have the "offline" icon....)  My bigger concern now is that when I go to "move pictures" or "create backup" - there isn't an option of the disc drive.  Should I try starting over?  If I do (again) how do i delete the catalog?  Or do I need to load it again and then delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica,

Backup on the disc drive is no longer support on Photoshop Elements, startting PSE 2019. However, restore is still supported. 

Are you able to see all of your images post restore? Or have some of them failed to be restored?

Regards,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some failed to be restored.  I keep trying though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines