Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 will no longer open photo files after installing Premel 2021

Participant ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot open files in Photoshop Elements 21

I bought the Photoshop and Prem Elements combo in October and the Photoshop was working great. I recently installed the Prem Elements program and now I can no longer use the Photoshop Elements editor I am using W10.

Clicking on photo files will not open the photo editor.

Clicking on the PS elements icon results in the below screen loading but no way to open a photo file. Clicking on the middle photo editor icon from that window  will not bring the photo editing workspace. Any one ever have this problem?

screen capture.JPG

Any suggested remedies? Thanks for you help

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Photo Editor in your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message. It doesnt work...

Clicking on the middle photo editor icon from that window  will not bring the photo editing workspace.  It results with a circle turning and a message "loading PS editor workspace"  which disappears after one minute.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . . Or if you click on one of the Recent (jpg) files listed under the program icons, does anything happen?

Have you installed both programs under an Admin user account?

Can you open the Editor if you double-click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\.  If that doesn't work, try right-clicking on the file and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

If you use the Organizer, what happens if you select a file and hit Ctrl+I ?  The Editor should open.

Final suggestion: Take a look at Windows>Settings>Apps>Default Apps and click on Choose Default Apps by file type.  (This sometimes takes a while to load.)  What program do you have set for jpg?  If it is not Elements, click on the program icon and choose your version of Elements.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.12.24_12h05m49s_000_SnapCollage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some other solutions may be found here.  Note that Elements 2021 is version 19, so change any directory paths in the solutions which refer to earlier versions.

One of the solutions will be to reinstall the programs.  If you follow this advice, I recommend that you uninstall both Premiere and Photoshop Elements and upon uninstall of both programs choose the option to remove all program preferences.  (I'm not sure if that is the correct language, but there is only one option to deal with.)

BTW, does Premiere open OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg
The new premel elements is working okay
FWIW my old PS 14 photo editor is no longer working either
Should I delete the old PS and Premel 14 software before reinstalls?
Will I download the new version of PS from Adobe again and use the old registration codes?
Thanks again for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of Elements is separate, so you shouldn't have to uninstall Elements 14 in order to install Elements 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg

thanks much for all of your help to resolve this frustrating problem

I took your advice to delete PS Elements 2021 and reinstall again. I t did the trick! 

The photo editor is now working again

Best of luck for a healthy safe 2021!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines