• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop appears in received attached email pictures after installing windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to windows 10 from 7 and am still using photoshop elements 12  which works fine for me. My 2 issues are when receiving emails that have pictures attached when I open them it automaticly opens up in a photoshop page. The same thing happens when I open pictures that I have stored in a picture file. Is there a way to fix this? Is it a setting somewhere that I can access?  Any help would be greatly appreiciated, its driving 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Windows default settings. You may have jpegs set to open with PSE. You can change it to Windows media viewer or any other preferred application. If you download image attachments into a folder you can import into Organizer just the ones you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will check !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found the default setting yet as I just set this computer up and have to find things as I go along. I did contact Adobe and they are telling me that because I have a 64bit the old PSE 12 will not work properly and I need to upgrade to PSE 2020. It worked fine with windows 7??    I'd really like to keep what I have because I'm used to it and don't want to relearn a new program unless it is the same format.. Any thoughts ?.As you can tell I don't like change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse all the way down to lower left corner of your screen.  Type Defautlt Apps into the search box that pops up, the app is then displayed and available for you to open.  Open it.  It's pretty straight forward from there, you'll know what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, Defautlt = Default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the tools will be familiar. There are just a few new features. You can try free for 30 days before purchasing an upgrade. What’s New in Elements 2020

Install PSE 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I do appreiciate your help....Do I get a price break because I already have an Adobe product and I assume there is a form of support ...I will try the free version and hopefullly that will fix my issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines