• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop element 15 and facial recognition

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 15.  In general, the facial recognition is working somewhat using Organizer and People view feature.  This is using photo Import.  I’ve over digital JPEG 10,000 photos using this.  However, if I scan older photos (using flatbed scanner) to a folder then import the folder JPEG images, the facial recognition doesn’t seem to work!  Reset Face Analysis in Mode Analysis tab is dangerous to try because I’ve already used it tag thousands of digital photos already.  Since digital photos and scanned photos are both JPEG shouldn’t facial recognition work in both cases?  Any suggestions to try?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, face recognition should work on your scanned jpegs.  Perhaps the process has not yet completed. DO NOT reset the face analysis because you will lose all the FR work you have performed on your catalog.

Try going to one of your scanned images in full screen view and  use the Mark Face button.  If face recognition has not yet been completed, you should receive a warning message and (I think) it will ask you whether you want FR to go forward with processing. 

Also, do you have the Hide Small Stacks box unchecked?  It is possible that your scans are only producing small stacks of faces that won't appear unless the box is unchecked.  It is checked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

Yes.  Unchecking "Hide small Stack" seemed to solve the scanned phtoto facial recognition.  I didn't realize this feature is only shown in the Unnamed People Tab view.  Since this was my first time scanning old photos, I scanned only a small number of photots.  Hence only limited number of facial comparison to start.

Thanks

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is easy to miss.  I really wish it wasn't on by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines