• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Element with grey "dead" thumbnails.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some pictures that turn up us grey thumbnails and can not be managed in Organizer. Though, the same grey thumbnails can be opened and managed in Editor but when returned to Organizer they turn back to "grey and dead".

I have MacBook Pro with Big Sur and PSE 2021.

-How to solve this??

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are the files?  See this article about limitations of thumbnails in the Organizer.

Can you give us a screenshot of the greyed out thumbnails.  (I know very little about Macs and this may be a Big Sur issue.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again. 1)My files are not very big and I have also discussed my problem "with professionals" who can not give me help.

2) An added problem have evolved. When I open a picture in Organizer,which can be seen,that is it is not grey, and transfer it to Editor and do make some changes,it will not be reopened in Organizer and is turning grey! -So now I have a two-way-problem which essentially handicaps my handling of many(all?)of my pictures.

/Bertil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couple of other things to try:

1. Clear the thumnail cache: Clear thumbnail cache

2. And if that doesn't work: Optimize your catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines