Highlighted

Photoshop Elements 10 and Error Message

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 10 and have used the Elements program successfully for some time.  A friend sent me a picture yesterday, which I saved - but when I tried to open it, this was the message I received:  "Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG data."  What does this mean?  How should I fix it?  It seems to involve photos from just this person, however she sends them.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Elements 10 and Error Message

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 10 and have used the Elements program successfully for some time.  A friend sent me a picture yesterday, which I saved - but when I tried to open it, this was the message I received:  "Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG data."  What does this mean?  How should I fix it?  It seems to involve photos from just this person, however she sends them.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos sent from social media like Whatsapp are often not recognized by Elements. They use non standard fields in the exif metadata and PSE refuses to open them. The solution is to open the file by most of the free editors available on your computer. Those basic editore ignore those metadata. They can resave the files without the problem metadata so that PSE can read them.

An alternative way in Elements is to use 'Open in Camera raw', in which case PSE recognizes the problem files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2019 1