• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 10 is not Compatible with Windows 10 accoring to Adobe Chat (Amit)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted everyone to know what I have just been told by the Chat option on the Adobe site by Amit. He said that Photoshop Elements 10 will not install on Windows 10 as it is not compatible. I asked what the options were and he said Adobe Photoshop Elements 13. I aske if this was fully compatible and he said it was under testing at this time. I asked how long it would be before it was finished in testing and he said he had not been told.

I am very disappointed that Adobe is so slow in getting their product tested. As I need to use this type of software I will now have to look at other application.

I do hop no one else falls into this trap.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

mikef

Your Photoshop Elements 10 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit) information obtained from Adobe is not correct.

I upgraded a Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit computer to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and installed Photoshop Elements 10 from installation disc 2 of 5.

There was no problem installing it. No Shared Technologies message or other that blocked the way to a quick and successful install.

I did get one notice from Photoshop Elements 10 when I went to open it for the first time. The message read:

"So

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you have to take what adobe chat says with a grain of salt.

Here is the official word from adobe on the compatibility of pse 13 and windows 10:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/windows-10-compatibility-faq.html

Elements 13: Will it work with Windows 10?

Anyway, one big advantage of pse 13 over pse 10 is it's a 64 bit program and can use a lot more ram than the 3.2 gbs that pse 10 is limited to.

And also much newer cameras are supported by camera raw.

Btw photoshop elements 10 does install and run on windows 10, but there are some issues, not big, just aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the update.

I have tried to get PE10 to install and cannot get it to do so. See Below

I have an issue installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 onto my new laptop which is running Windows 10

I get a message saying

“Rolling back the installation of Elements 10 Organiser after it tries to load Shared Technologies. I then get a message Shared Technologies fails to install”

I have read all of the help pages and tried the following:-

There is no other Adobe product installed on the computer

Disabling all programmes in the Start Up directory in Task Manager. Then restarting the computer

Copying the CD to a directory on C drive and trying to install

Download the software from the Adobe site and after unzipping trying to install.

I have turned off my AVG antivirus software

All of the above have failed.

I will probably buy PE13 but am I likely to have the same installation problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why it is wise to wait 6 months after a new release of Windows. You might WANT all your other software to be working and ready with free upgrades, but in practice neither happens overnight. Software makers rarely update old versions to work with new systems. They take the view that if you pay Microsoft, why not pay them too...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try doing what adobe suggests in this document to install pse 10

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/install-rollback-photoshop-elements-windows.html

As far as pse 13, it uses a different installer, so i don't think you'll have the above problem, should you decide to try or buy pse 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving post to Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikef

Your Photoshop Elements 10 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit) information obtained from Adobe is not correct.

I upgraded a Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit computer to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and installed Photoshop Elements 10 from installation disc 2 of 5.

There was no problem installing it. No Shared Technologies message or other that blocked the way to a quick and successful install.

I did get one notice from Photoshop Elements 10 when I went to open it for the first time. The message read:

"Some features of Adobe Photoshop Elements require that Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater be installed. These features will not function properly without it." I got this same message after I had successfully installed Photoshop Elements 6.0 on this same computer. Both 6.0 and 10.0 are working fine on Window 10 Pro 64 bit. The concern about the Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater related to the fact that Windows 10 has replaced Internet Explorer with Microsoft Edge. But, all is working in spite of that.

Note: I did discover that Internet Explorer 11 is still tucked away on Windows 10 and can be used there (pin to taskbar if necessary for convenience). See Local Disc C\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer if you ever need it.)

As for the Shared Technology Error....that has a long history for Photoshop Elements as well as Premiere Elements installs. It can hit just about any version on any computer operating system. Lots of home remedies. The one that has worked for me and others is renaming of the OOBE Folder specifically to OLDOOBE and then do the Elements install.

I have upgraded two of my computers to Windows 10 64 bit and have lots of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements versions on them. So far, I have found that the problems are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10. And, they typically run for me trouble free.

It is hoped that R_Kelly will elaborate on those not so big, just aggravating issues since I have not found them yet as I successfully use Photoshop Elements 6.0 and 10.0 on Windows 10 64 bit. According to R_Kelly...

Btw photoshop elements 10 does install and run on windows 10, but there are some issues, not big, just aggravating.

Please consider the above before you make your decision on moving forward to Photoshop Elements 13. But, keep in mind, if history repeats itself, Adobe should be releasing a new version in September October 2015 (presumed named Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 and included Elements Organizer 14).

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There about 100 oobe files. how do you determine which one to rename?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming from Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit), I just performed a fresh install of Windows 10 (64 bit) and had to perform a reinstall of Premiere and Photoshop Elements 10. The 32-bit Photoshop and the 64-bit Premiere installed correctly. Trying to install the 32-bit Premiere gave me an "installer is not supported" error.

To install I downloaded the installation files from the Adobe downloads website. After "unpacking" the files to the desktop, I had to right-click on the setup.exe and select "toubleshoot compatibility" then followed the prompts to run under Windows 7 compatibility. The only error I ran into was while Premiere was installing, an error occurred that stated "dynamiclinkmanager.exe" was running and needed to be closed to continue installation, so I opened the task managed and selected "end task" for the dynamiclinkmanager.exe and the installation completed successfully.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

herbd

When Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12/12.1, 13/13.1, or 14 is installed specifically on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit, it is a 64 bit application in that 64 bit system. Photoshop Elements 10 should install on the 64 bit computer as a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of 64 bit system (Photoshop Elements 10 was not offered as a 64 bit until much later).

Here is what I would like you to clarify

Trying to install the 32-bit Premiere gave me an "installer is not supported" error.

You cannot install 32 bit installation files in a 64 bit computer. So that is to be expected.

What did you eventually download and install from Adobe - the 64 bit installation files for Premiere Elements 10 or something else?

You should not have to invoke the run under compatibility mode Windows 7 for your Premiere Elements 10 Windows 10 install. Premiere Elements 10 works with Windows 10 64 bit. There is a more serious problem to consider - what video card/graphics card does your computer use (Windows 10 or 7 64 bit)? If NVIDIA GeForce, that is a major problem.

Please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

"What did you eventually download and install from Adobe - the 64 bit installation files for Premiere Elements 10 or something else?"

Yes, the 64-bit installation files for Premiere.

I may not have had to run the 64-bit installation files in compatibility mode, but I did as a precaution because that is what helped with the installation problems I had with Photoshop. I had since went back into the installation files and turned off compatibility mode for the .exe and Premiere seems runs fine.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, Graphics card AMD HD7700.

Thanks,

Herb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herb

Thanks for the additional information.

Glad to note that your video card/graphics card is AMD and you were not affected by Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce issue.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements Photoshop Elements projects.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am facing this same issue still, if i pay for a product and the software is not compatible it should say so.

Myron Edwards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you have been able to solve your problem. I just purchased new laptop with windows 10 and the display was in micetype for adobe products.  I went to a local  tech and they were able to change the display ratio for me and they now work on the laptop.  Adobe was not helpful and it could not have hurt them to tell me what to do when it only took my tech a few seconds to fix it and make the display work. Adobe only wanted me to purchase subscription and or expensive 1 time install of products.  I am retired and do volunteer work and will not pay for something I already own and works. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great info. I just upgraded to window 10.  new laptop how can I install my photo elements 9?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the installation disk for PSEv.9 it should install on WIN 10. If your new laptop does not have a dvd drive, copy the disk to a thumb drive and install via USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also noticed that Photoshop Elements 14 is absolutely not compatible with Windows 10.  It will install, but as soon as you open an image, modify it, and try to save it.  It won't install.  DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS WITH WINDOWS 10.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is odd. You talk about modifying and saving an image while saying the application won’t install?

As you have jumped on to an old thread which has already been answered I suggest you start a new conversation. Give details of the exact problem, any error message & screenshots. Also what version of Windows 10 are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still can't install Elements 10 on Windows 10 regardless of renaming the OOBE folder or anything else I do.  It's always the shared technology error.  Can I ask what these other home remedies might be?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines