• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 11 stopped working...upgrade to 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Photoshop Elements 11 for years and all of a sudden, it's not working. I have Windows 10, currently version 1903. Elements 11 opens, but then becomes unresponsive and I can't do anything within it. I ran a troubleshooter and it is "incompatible". I can't find my original product info to attempt to uninstall and reinstall. If I just uninstall Elements 11 and purchase the new Elements 2020, will I still be able to open and edit files from the version 11?? Is it worth the upgrade?? Or is there a way to fix my original version??

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

1. If you have not retained the original disk for PSEv.11, it is unlikely that you can find a download link for this old version. Thus, uninstalling/reinstalling is not a viable option

2. It's possible that a recent Microsoft update is causally related to your inability use the software.

3. Suggest that you evaluate the most recent version of PSE with the free 30-day trial. If you decide to purchase the program you may get a discount from Adobe as a repeat customer, but shop around at Amazon and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the "Photoshop" forum for you.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you have not retained the original disk for PSEv.11, it is unlikely that you can find a download link for this old version. Thus, uninstalling/reinstalling is not a viable option

2. It's possible that a recent Microsoft update is causally related to your inability use the software.

3. Suggest that you evaluate the most recent version of PSE with the free 30-day trial. If you decide to purchase the program you may get a discount from Adobe as a repeat customer, but shop around at Amazon and the box stores for competitive pricing.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html?promoid=C12Y32FM&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I appreciate you taking the time to answer and help! I figured since I can't find the original disk or product key info that reinstallation of PSEv.11 isn't an option. I've moved and had things in storage for some time and can't seem to locate.

I believe you may be correct, I think there may be some sort of Microsoft update issue as well, Word isn't opening/functioning, I was having trouble with Excel and Power Point and I was trying to get help on that end too from Windows & Microsoft....to no avail. This all happened within the same couple of days and there are errors in fixing Office as well as Windows updates. So perhaps there is a larger computer issue at play which also, as you mentioned, makes PSEv.11 incompatible. 

I will likely follow your suggestion and download the trial version to evaluate. Thank you so much!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines