• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 consistently crashes on my Mac (OS 10.14.2)

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Ever since I upgraded my Mac to Mojave, I havn't gotten Elements to work.  I can get it to load and can even open up a photo in RAW, but when it loads, the window is at the bottom half of the screen.  When I try to move the window with my cursor, it immediately disappears.  It also crashes when I try to use some of the functions, such as layers.

Its quite frustrating.

Has anyone else had this issue with older versions of Elements on a newer OS, and if so, Is there a fix? patch?

Its also annoying that I can't seem to contact Adobe directly about this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Are you facing this issue only with camera raw images ?

For other images (like JPEG) is it working fine ?

Regards,

Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for responding. If I leave the program on for 30-40 minutes, the (hand) symbol will not change no matter which option I choose on the left side menu in the “Quick” setting. I had a similar problem in Elements 18 when I upgraded the Mac software on my late 2015 iMac 27inch to Mojave, which was the reason why I chose Elements 19 hoping this would resolve the issue.

And this is using Nikon NEF and jpeg files

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I’ve just checked and the issue is present with RAW and jpeg files. The spinning coloured wheel won’t stop if I try to initiate an action if the program is idle for minimum 15-20 minutes and the software freezes. There is an issue with Elements 19 and 18 and Navajo 10.14.2, because with the previous Mac software I never had a problem with Elements 18.

When is a fix/upgrade coming through?

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, So I can open up files in Photoshop Elements 12, any format whether its jpeg. RAW etc....But anytime I try to move the Elements window with my cursor (the Elements window is mostly below my screen) or perform an action, the whole thing just vanishes.  POOOF!!!   And the Adobe Elements program is no longer running.

So essentially, the entire Elements 12 software has been rendered useless.  Tried doing the "System Preferences" - "Privacy" settings fix which was linked in another discussion thread, but it doesn't seem to mirror what was described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines